I've been doing alot of reading this weekend. My friend Aryale gave me the book "Captivating" by John & Stasi Elderidge when I left for school & told me to read it when God tells me to. It's amazing. I don't know that I ever realized before that my want to control my life & have everything in order & know everything that's going on comes from the fall of man. When God curses Eve & says her "desire will be for her husband," He isn't saying that she'll be sitting around pining away for him while he's at work. He's saying that she will want to be "in control." Kind of comforting to know that it isn't just a personal flaw...it's in ALL of us. So, now the fun part is that I have to die to myself & give that up. I have to let myself be out of control in order for God to work. Ugh. I'm not so good at that. Luckily I have grace.
It's been awesomely overwhelming how much God has been speaking to me lately. It's strange though, almost like...I barely have time to process one thing when He's on to the next. Not an hour goes by where He doesn't say SOMETHING to me, & if I don't pay attention He just keeps at it until I listen & do whatever it is He's telling me to do. It's kind of amazing, actually. But then sometimes I just feel schizo that I have this voice in my head. Haha.
I feel like I have SO much homework this week...so what am I doing? Writing a blog. Of course. I should go write my papers now.
No comments:
Post a Comment