Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Only Two More!

Today was pretty uneventful, actually. We had Bible Review with Gary in the morning (Colossians, today) & then our Music Theory midterm in the afternoon. I was really nervous about that one too, but I went through it really thoroughly & took time to write out all my key signatures & my interval diagram & everything. I didn't even look up once until I had completely finished. When I was done, I realized not even an hour had passed & NO ONE else had finished yet. I got really nervous that maybe I had rushed through too quickly & done some things wrong, so I looked over all of it again. Everything seemed right, so I handed it in to Kal, he flipped through it & said, "Wow, this looks really good Cara. Good job!" Yay! So now the two scariest midterms are over, & I think I did alright on both of them!

Tomorrow we have our Sight-Singing midterm (how do you even study for that) & our Scripture Memorization midterm. We have to write out Psalm 23 & Ephesians 1:17-23. Psalm 23 is no big deal, but I'm having a hard time with the Ephesians one still. So for practice I'm going to type it out here right now.

Ephesians 1:17-23 : "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom & revelation, so that you may know Him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, & His incomparably great power for those who believe. That power is like the working of His mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ when He raised him from the dead & seated him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule & authority, power & dominion, & every title which can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet & appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way."

GAH! Paul is like the KING of run-on sentences. I swear. Pray that I remember all that tomorrow. I feel like I'm in AWANA again. Oy.

We have a ladies' prayer meeting tonight at the beach house instead of homegroup. Should be good, I think. I'm off to study Ephesians some more.

1 comment:

  1. i know i'm behind on your blogs (blast ye lack of internet!) but let me just say memorization=scary. i know it's good and i need to do it but eeek still. O_o lol. love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete