Sunday, December 20, 2009

Home.

Wow I can't believe I didn't blog at all last week. Things have been crazy. Let me see if I can catch you up...

The last week of school feels like so long ago. Teresa read an entire book to us in three days..."The Final Quest" by Rick Joyner. Wow. Look it up on Amazon, you can read the first chapter or so. It's amazing. It teaches you alot about humility, which I have a feeling I'll be learning alot more of in the new year...considering we'll be going through a book by the same name. I had lunch with Teresa last tuesday, & it was nice to have some one-on-one time talking to her. There's been alot going on with me on a more personal level, & Teresa was a big encouragement because she doesn't mince words but she definitely sees all sides. I felt really at peace after our conversation.

Let's see, what else has happened...wednesday my team led worship, which went well. We have midterms when I get back from break, & I'm pretty nervous for the music ones. We had a songwriting quiz two weeks ago that I didn't do so great on, but I hear I'm not the only one. It's just really hard trying to learn all that musical stuff when I don't have an instrument I can apply it to. I'm trying not to get discouraged by it, but sometimes I feel like I'll NEVER get it.

Thursday the whole school went & sang Christmas carols at a nursing home, & then we had a Christmas party at Gloria's house so it wasn't a REAL school day. Haha. But it was SO nice to just have a day to relax...especially since I left that night.

I hate getting behind on blogging because I feel like so much changes in my life from week to week...I had great conversation time this past week with everyone before I left; Bethany, Serita, Kate, Kimmy, Teresa...no wonder I didn't have time to write...

Anyway, it has been wonderful to be home. Definitely a much-needed break. We spent this weekend at my grandparents' house & I got to see my awesome cousin & the rest of the family that I've missed since I've been away at school, so it's been really great to catch up. I'm home with my parents till Christmas day, then we're off to Dallas to see my sister's show! Things will get kind of busy round then so I don't know if I'll blog again...I get back to school on January 3rd, so I'm sure there will be a post on the 4th! Haha.

For those of you that I don't see/talk to before then, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, & all that.

2 comments:

  1. i'd better hear from you before january 4th :P

    anyways i hope you have an awesome Christmas and a relaxing time =) give Faith a hug for me ;-)

    ♥ ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be an hour away from me...haha.

    Aaaanyway, it sounds like the SOW had a good close for 2009 :)

    I still pray for the work God does in you every day, and I still miss you like crazy even though the chance of seeing you any time in the near future is highly unlikely. You're doing so well. Still love you very much!

    Merry Christmas, and God Bless,

    Miki

    ReplyDelete