Sunday, December 13, 2009

Community.

Today I visited Racine. Scott was teaching, & he spoke about Community, which he also did a teaching on in Pleasant Prairie a few weeks ago. At first I was bummed that I had already heard it, but I still managed to take 2 pages of notes on things I hadn't heard the first time through. I may have linked this before, & I know I've talked to at least one person about this teaching, but either way, if you have time, listen to it. It's so good...click here. I love the Racine church. The focus of worship was the joy of the Lord, & it was much needed after a long, discouraging week. I definitely did not end up there on accident--even though the original intent for going was to take 2 other people from the school with me, they didn't end up going so I almost didn't. But I was supposed to be there. It was so good.

CBC has been good. Tonight is the last performance, & I can't say that I'm sorry. I have to admit the performances have been fun though, & it's been really anointed. There have been no mistakes or issues, & people seem to be responding well to the Gospel message, which is the whole intent anyway. So even though I hated going to all the rehearsals, if even one person gets saved then it's totally worth it. It was cool to see John & Korey there the last couple of nights too, it was nice chatting with them.

I feel like I'm finally getting to know some more people in the church that aren't on the school, too, which is nice. I went to lunch with Rebecca yesterday & we ended up sitting in Panera for like 2 hours just talking about what God's been doing in our lives. Lately it seems like there's major change from one week to the next, which is awesome, but also very trying. It's good to talk to someone who knows the feeling. And while we were chatting Hanna & Lisa came in so we sat with them & got to talk with them for a bit as well. It was just a really good day.

I'll be home in 4 days! I can't believe it, where is the time going? I'm so excited to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment