Thursday, December 10, 2009

Six Degrees.

It is 6° outside. Yes. With the wind chill this morning it was -12°. I think I may actually die here.

We met at Teresa's house for Prophetic Worship this morning, & discussed submission & authority. Hefty topics. I don't think I have a major problem submitting to authority, but there are certain situations where I submit but I still have a bad attitude. Like when I worked at OG for 3 years & KNEW how to do my job backwards & forwards & in my sleep, but a new manager would come in & make me do it differently, even though MY way was tried & true. I would submit, but it was out of fear of losing my job rather than submission because God tells us to. It's..."easier," for lack of a better word, for me to submit to spiritual authority, but my natural instinct is always to disagree. Usually God spends a few days working on me & helps me to see what they see, & in the end I do what I'm told...not necessarily HAPPILY, but I understand a little better. I think God is going to test me in this really soon, & I'm a little nervous...but I remember what I've already come through & how much I've changed & grown for the better because of the authority God has placed in my life, & I know that if my submission IS put to the test I'll be able to pass. We'll see what happens I suppose. But I have faith.

I went to coffee with Hanna after school today. She is so amazing. We really need to hang out more. I think alot of people write off the "marrieds" when we all hang out & stuff, but every time Hanna & I DO get together we have great conversation & alot of fun.

Tonight is the final dress rehearsal for CBC...then performances all weekend. Things are gonna get a bit crazy. But we don't have school tomorrow, & I go home for break a week from today. Oy...there's so much to do before then...I have no clue how I'm going to get it all done. Haha. It doesn't feel like Christmas yet, it feels like it should be October or something. Time is going by SO quickly, it's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment