Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Discouraged...

Worship this morning went well, I thought...I kind of ended up being elected to "lead" the time, & it was really great to see people stepping out & bringing words to one another. We prayed over a few specific people, but overall I felt like the time was really significant.

Exploring Worship ended up being kind of...heavy. Kal kind of went on a tangent about how he feels like there are people keeping secrets & trying to "get away" with things, per se, that we aren't being vulnerable enough by trying to hide things. I always get confused when he says these sorts of things...I never know what I should apply to myself. I've been told in the past that I'm TOO open, & I talk TOO MUCH...so the whole thing left me kind of confused because vulnerability has never been an issue for me. I guess I've just been kind of discouraged lately...I've been feeling like there has been alot of growth in my life since I've been here, & I can tell God is working in my every day, so to have any of that called into question in my own mind is...well, unnerving.

Keyboarding & Worship Teams went fairly well today...no complaints there. I had another chat with Kim over lunch, & she is so encouraging. She could probably give you the worst news of your life & still make you feel good about yourself in the same breath. If Serita weren't my discipler I would definitely want Kimmy to be. Speaking of Serita, we are supposed to meet on sunday & I'm way excited about it.

The high tomorrow is like 6 degrees. I'm kind of hoping we won't have school. That would give us tomorrow AND friday off. And I just realized that I leave for home a week from tomorrow. Where is the time going?

1 comment:

  1. First comment! Yay.

    Anyway,
    http://mattpreskenis.com/blog/uploaded_images/HangInThere.gif-757240.jpg

    ;)

    ReplyDelete