Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Random.

Oh tuesday...I might not like you anymore.

Exploring Worship is such an amazing class. I've only said it about a hundred times. But it's true. Did you know that an "altar call" after a worship time is totally not in the Bible? Worship time is designed for GOD, not for us to respond to our problems. Not to say that there aren't appropriate times for those things to be addressed, especially in times of outreach...but I found that interesting. The moment you have people come forward, you've taken the focus off of God & put it onto yourself. There's some food for thought.

Teresa gave us a singing lesson today to help with Carols by Candlelight. It actually did help, & maybe it will keep me from getting so lightheaded when I'm singing notes that high for that long.

Songwriting class was good...but we started in on more Theory-related stuff today, so I got a bit lost. But Hanna & I went to Dairy Queen after school to get ice cream & study for thursday's test, so I'm feeling much more confident about it now. Stupid key signatures...haha.

Worship teams are going great!! I can feel SUCH an improvement, it's absolutely amazing. I'm actually starting to be pretty confident about my playing...Tom came up to me the other day & was like, "You know what I like about your drumming, Cara? You hit HARD." I love that. I want to be a hard drummer, people tend to think girls can't hit as hard because we aren't as strong, but I'm going to prove them wrong.

I found out today that Serita is going to be my discipler! Pretty excited about that, actually...& then when I got home I found out she is coming over for dinner tonight. Ironic. Haha. Actually, I think I hear her upstairs now...

Oh, PS, I don't have a black eye! Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment