Homegroup tonight was really great. We just had worship time, & Heather gave us each a verse to read out during worship. I had a Psalm that was only 2 lines, & I started feeling like it needed to be sung. I don't have a great voice. I was not about to just sing out this Psalm. Not happening. But then every time I opened my mouth to try & just READ it, it was like I got all tongue-tied & couldn't! I could hear it as a melody in my head...& Teresa is always saying that if you can hear the notes in your head, you WILL hit them. So I closed my eyes & just sang it out as loud as I could. And then a really cool thing happened...everyone else started singing it with me! So it really wasn't as scary as I thought...& I still don't care for my voice...but it wasn't about that! It was about being obedient to God's prompting & doing something that I really didn't care to do in order to praise Him. And I know if I hadn't sang it out I would have regretted it. It NEEDED to be sung. I don't know why, but I was glad that I was able to make myself step out in faith. It was a great worship time overall, focusing on the joy of the Lord. I even had a word for Stef...it was definitely a really anointed time & even in my tiredness of the week I felt really sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
I'm exhausted now. So I think it's bed time. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment