Today we talked about spiritual gifts, like word of knowledge/wisdom (when God shows you something about someone that there is no way you could naturally know), discernment, healing, prophecy...Teresa told us some crazy cool stories. Like, in the first year on the school there was a girl that actually physically SAW Jesus during one of their worship times. She saw him praying over certain people, saw him singing with them...like, with her own eyes, as if he were a physical person like anyone else in the room. That's AMAZING. There were stories of people seeing angels, people doing/witnessing miracles...Teresa always says we are naturally supernatural. I think it's true, God does such amazing things through us...Teresa once went to a prayer meeting & there was a guy that had severe burns on his arm from an accident he had had while working with tar that week. She prayed over him & he was completely healed. She said the guy was so excited that all he could do was jump up & down & yell & praise God. She didn't even get to talk to him. At one point while she was talking about healing, she looked at me & said, "Actually, while you were giving your testimony I prayed & asked God if he wanted to do a miracle, like a restorative miracle...He answered right away & said, 'No.' No explanation, just very clearly, 'No.' " That made my day. I like my scar. I think God likes it too. :o)
The whole class was amazing. One of the girls on the school is almost completely deaf, & several of us have had words that God is going to heal her. I felt really strongly that we should pray for her yesterday, so those that wanted to receive the gift of healing or have already moved in that gift laid hands on her & prayed. I went up behind Bethany & Lydia & put one hand on each of their shoulders & began to pray. Bethany was praying out loud at the time, & almost as soon as I put my hand on her shoulder I got the most intense pain in my right ear...it literally brought me to tears, but I kept praying, & I kept my hand on Bethany's shoulder. After we finished praying, we asked her how she felt. She was kind of shaken, & sadly admitted that she couldn't hear any better. I told her about the pain I had, & she said, "Did you say your right ear? While everyone was praying for me, my ears were hurting, & they felt really hot...but my right ear was hurting worse than my left one." I don't know what exactly happened, but I completely believe that God is going to heal her this year. I don't know when, but I know it's going to happen. I don't know why my ear was hurting...but I know the Lord was moving, & I can't wait for her to get healed.
Maybe I sound like I've gone off the deep end. I don't really care. All I know is what God has showed me, & that's good enough for me.
It doesn't sound like you're insane at all.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like what Jesus did, and what the disciples did after He had ascended into Heaven.
I think it's amazing.