Exploring Worship is always great. We looked at Abraham, Job, & David, & how their response in times of trouble was to worship the Lord. They just completely trusted Him to take care of them in really difficult times. I want that to be my response as well. It's easy to worship when we have the "warm fuzzy feelings" towards God, but how about when our faith is being tested? Definitely alot to chew on. Good stuff.
Kal had to leave class early today because he got braces. Haha. So JL came in & we got to basically have a Q&A time with him for a couple of hours. We haven't really had him in class since V&C ended, so it was really great to hear some valid questions answered. Kelly asked a really good question, when God tells you to be patient, how active can you be in that patience before becoming impatient? Faith & patience are ACTIVE, just because God tells you to be patient doesn't mean you can just sit around & do nothing. Our primary active response to patience should be PRAYER. Sometimes I kind of think God wants to test how badly we really want something. Are we going to pursue it, or just drop it after He tells us to wait? And when is it appropriate to stop praying & really just wait? John's answer was that right now, all of our primary focus should be deeper intimacy with God. Anything else is secondary in this season of life. Which is good...I have potential to be distracted in more than one area right now, but JL pointed out that patience is often the antidote to worry or distress, & I'm finding that to be dead on in my own experience. I'm still impatient about some things that I'd like to see fulfilled sooner than later, but it isn't about me, it's about God's timing. Back before school I prayed that I would learn patience, & God definitely gave me something to wait on. But He is faithful to those who wait on Him, & for once in my life, I'm actually not worried about the future. I know He's got it under control, & it's a good feeling.
Theory was hard today...we have a test on thursday. I NEED prayer for that, I'm really nervous! Ear wasn't so bad today, though we will have a test a week from today in THAT class too. Oy.
We finally got assigned worship teams. I'm pretty pleased with mine, actually, though there is definitely one factor of our team that will, again, constantly be trying my patience. But it's okay, I'll grow.
Funny story, before I end this...Tim was feeling sick today, so we all went down the hall to his office & prayed over him. As we were walking back down the hallway, I looked down for one second & as I looked up again I walked RIGHT into the corner of the coat rack. The thing hit me right in the corner of my left eye & holy crap it hurt. My eye's been pretty red all day, & it's really sore & tender, but there's no significant bruising...yet. I'll be pretty upset if I wake up with a black eye. I'm so clumsy. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment