Today was great. Prophetic Worship all morning...we talked about the different ways we hear God's voice. It's amazing that all of the random thoughts that I took for granted is actually God speaking to me. Nothing is ever random though, I suppose. I feel like God has been speaking to me alot lately...the funny thing is, it's not even usually for me. I've been hearing from God alot about different people...people on the school, people I haven't seen in awhile, people I barely know...it's been really interesting weighing all these words & deciding which ones to actually bring forward. I never really realized how OFTEN God speaks to me, but now that I do, I hear Him more & more. It's amazing. Out of nowhere I thought of the snake I saw in my backyard when I was a kid...I remember it distinctly, it was black & red & yellow, & no one else saw it! And no one else believed I saw it either. I have no idea why it came to mind, but maybe God wants to speak to me through it...even today during class I got a word for someone. It blows my mind how much God has been speaking to me, & about some of the weirdest stuff too. One of the points Teresa made today is that God cares about the little stuff too! She told a story about her first car, & how God asked her what kind of car she would want. She thought about it & decided a cute black manual car would be nice. The next day there was a cute black manual car for sale up the street. He really cares about our petty earthly things too! He loves to provide for us, because it glorifies Him when we recognize that He is the one that provided! So good. It was a great teaching. I may expound on it later, just because it was SO great, but it's hard to cram 4 hours into one blog. No one would read it. Haha.
I had the second part of my Ear Training test today...sight singing. UGH! I hate the F scale. And the G scale. And all the scales. And Solfeg. We had to sight sing a piece of music in C, G, & F. I did C just fine. G was a little tougher, but okay. I butchered F. Oh well. Kim said I was doing great, so I think that means I passed. Now I just have to wait & see how I did on the written exam...oy.
Kimmy & I went to Daily Dose after school to chat, which is always fun. I actually had several really good conversations today. It was really uplifting, because the day started out kind of crap, but it got better. Worship Teams were great too, Kal worked with us on learning Lead Me To The Cross. For a slow song I get a few pretty awesome chances to just rock out. I think I'll enjoy playing it.
I'm so glad tomorrow is friday...I get to go home in 5 days! I can't wait to see everyone!
I miss you too. I read every one of your posts. And I meant to comment on your predestination one.... I loved that analogy. It helped me have a good way to explain it. Your posts are encouraging and I'm so excited for you. I'm not taking credit, but I did tell you when you first heard of this school that you HAD to go. I know God's timing is right - I'm just glad you're there. Can't wait to catch up over Christmas hopefully.
ReplyDeleteYou should read The List by Robert Whitlow...one of the main themes is hearing God's voice, how He speaks to us, and how often we take His voice for granted.
ReplyDelete