My team led worship this morning. If it's possible I'd say it was even better than last time. We played Happy Day & How Great Is Our God. Happy Day nearly gives me a heart attack when I play it, but man I love it. It's FAST. If you're curious, you can hear it here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8rcwe0Zm4.
School was good, Exploring Worship blew my mind as usual. It was about self-condemnation, & Kal made the point that when we sin, guilt only comes if we don't repent right away. The enemy's best strategy of attack is getting us into that place of guilt, because it only takes a moment to sin, but the guilt can hang on for years. We discussed the difference between conviction & condemnation, & how conviction leads to repentance & draws us closer to God, but condemnation leads to shame & we retreat from Him at the very time we need to run to Him the MOST. So, essentially, in allowing ourselves to have guilt, we're working for the enemy. Ever think of THAT? I didn't. I will now! Haha.
Bible Review with Gary was good, we are in 2 Corinthians now. It's been interesting to hear the historical background of Paul's letters, what was going on in the world at that time, & such. Aside from the fact that Paul is the king of run-on sentences, I'm really enjoying his writings.
Songwriting class was good, still discussing theory a bit. We didn't really have Worship Teams today, just discussed how the morning went. Everyone agreed that I'm really improving & sounding good on drums, so that made me really happy to hear. I feel like I've been improving but if others are recognizing it then I must be. :o)
Chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight! Yessss.
um, i heard you play and i JUST realized i didn't actually give you any comments on it...honestly? you are leaps and bounds ahead of every single drummer we have at my church and that is no joke. i listened to you with your team and yeah there was sometimes when you were unsure of yourself but in the big picture you are doing REALLY well and you shouldn't just skip over that comment. have a little pride in your improvement =) it's okay to be happy with what you've accomplished.
ReplyDeleteand also:
LOL @ the comment about paul and run-ons...and uh wow. i JUST finished 2 corinthians yesterday! haha that's hilarious. ok enough commenting now =) i'm glad you got to play happy day like you had wanted to :)
love you bunches!! ♥
chicken enchiladas!
ReplyDeleteDude, we ALMOST played Happy Day for worship group tonight! Lucky we didn't...I don't have the chords :oP
ReplyDeleteI pray for you every day, love. Keep doing what you do.