It was SO NICE to sleep in today! Haha...Kate had her appointment at 11 & I had mine at 11:30. It was basically just to find out where we're at & how school is going & all that. We should be starting discipleship programs pretty soon, & I'm excited about that...they asked if there is anyone that I've met in the church yet that I've felt a connection to that I may want to be mentored by, & I said Kim (JL's wife)...I'm not sure if she would be willing or not, but just from hearing her testimony I really feel like I want to talk to her more. So I have no idea if it will end up being her or not, but I know God will provide me with someone totally perfect for my needs. They were asking about what sort of things I would want to get out of a discipleship, & I definitely want to get rid of my habit of WORRYING about EVERYTHING. Kal asked me if I thought I was more of a pessimist or an optimist, & I said optimist...then he said, "Well that's one thing I've noticed, obviously I don't know you that well yet but you seem to have a really even personality...the type of person that someone could come to with an issue & trust you to offer encouragement & you would be able to have words for them & speak the truth." That really meant alot coming from someone who doesn't know me really well yet. Kimmy added that the word I brought during worship a couple of weeks ago about unity was right on. She was like, "I was just listening to it & thinking, 'wow, this is so RIGHT ON, she's really going for it!' I just couldn't believe you brought such a powerful word so soon, so I really want to encourage you in that!" That made me happy.
After the meeting Kate & Kimmy & I walked to the Daily Dose for lunch. I had the best chicken caesar salad of my life. Not even kidding. I love that place, the food is awesome & not even that expensive! We also went to Target where I bought ANOTHER pair of warm fuzzy boots (I had to have brown ones AND black ones, okay?!) & some other essentials, & now I must avoid Target like the plague for about a month, lest I spend all my money there.
Can I just say, I have the best host family ever? Larry (my "dad") jumped my car for me this evening & then drove it around to charge it up & ALSO filled up my tank! I offered to pay him back but he wouldn't let me. I seriously couldn't ask for a better family while I'm here. Except that Kate girl I share a room with. Ugh. ;o) Just kidding, I absolutely love my roommate to pieces. We are totally the same in all the right ways but different enough that we actually have interesting conversation. Haha. Having said that, she is IMing me from across the room to watch some video...so...the end.
this is such a happy blog =)
ReplyDeleteit's good to hear that your day off went so well. i can tell you're really starting to feel "at home" there and that will help you grow SO much :) *hugs* hope to chat soon!! ♥ Liz