Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Drumming. And Keyboarding.

So today we had Stewardship In Life with Kal & Bible Review with Tim in the morning. We talked through the rest of Genesis, it was pretty interesting. After lunch was Keyboarding, which I have been dreading, but thankfully we are taking it strictly from a worship leading perspective, which I'm already familiar with. So mostly chords & stuff. Kim splits the class in half, which means I get a 45 minute break in the afternoon. Love it.

After Keyboarding was worship teams, & Nick came to watch again. I was nervous at first but he sat behind the kit with Kelly & I & talked us through different ways to play the song & was really encouraging. He gave some really good tips too, which totally helped. I'm feeling a bit better about playing as a whole. (If you're wondering who Nick is, look up The Spark on iTunes or Myspace, they are a worship band from LLCC.)

Tomorrow is a free day!! I'm so excited. I get to sleep in & relax & do homework...& hopefully practice too.

Oh, funny story. So tuesday night I locked my keys in my car. Hanging in the ignition. So my dash lights were on. I called my Mom, who overnighted my key to me & I just got it today. Of course my battery is totally dead. So now I get to drive around aimlessly for about a half hour tonight after Larry gets home to jump it. Good times. Sometimes I scare myself with how unobservant I am. Haha.

Okay I'm off to do some Bible reading & relax before homegroup.

EDIT: As an amendment to my last blog, I want to clarify that the 1 Corinthians passage is clear that women should cover their heads AS A SIGN OF AUTHORITY when praying & prophesying IN FRONT of the congregation. It does not say that they should be worn at all times during the church building, & it also does not say that this is a "cultural" practice, meaning it is to be assumed that it still applies to today. Just thought I ought to clear that up.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I saw Keyboarding in the title and was like, "Oh dear." But it's going good I assume, so yeah.

    And by the way, might I scold you for not paying attention? I would say you should have just busted one of your windows but they're heckishly expensive to replace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just need to go to the 'hood' part of kenosha next time & have someone "hook" you up :P bahahaha.

    whats the head covering thing about? someone get on your case about it? if so, don't worry about them =)

    *hugs* glad to hear things are going well!!

    ReplyDelete