Sooooo, we FINALLY started worship teams today! We haven't divided into two yet, Kal just put random people together & then traded us out accordingly. I ended up playing drums the entire hour, which I was glad for because if I had seen Kelly play before me I probably would have gotten nervous & freaked. We only worked on one song the whole time, & it started off pretty rough considering I've never played the song (or actually even heard it played on drums), & I've never played with any of these people (or really any people, for that matter). But towards the end I was starting to get the hang of it...during the last run-through I looked out & saw Matt & Kelly talking about better ways I could play, which was kind of unnerving, but I decided to just focus on what I can play, & if they can play better then they're welcome to when it's their turn. But for the most part everyone was really encouraging. So either that means I did better than they thought I would or I sucked more than they thought I would & they were trying to be nice. Haha.
I have homegroup tonight, which should be fun...I'll probably come back & edit this post tonight if I have time...still have to do my Bible reading for today.
Never heard that song before either, so don't feel bad :P
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sure you did great, don't compare yourself to others, it will eat at you from the inside out. I am QUITE sure you're improving and really girl, HOW long have you been playing? ;-) you'll be JUST fine, I know you'll succeed in whatever God has for you to do *hugs*
It's not how you drum on day 1 that matters, its how things stand next May.
ReplyDeleteWhen you get those kind of feelings, its time to bathe in the Love of God.