Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Pick The Green One.
So today we finished up prayer & prophecy over the other students. I was in kind of a strange mood the whole time...for some reason I find myself comparing my abilities to other people here alot. Which I've never done before, & I need to get control of that now before I allow it to bring me down. Whether it's drumming (even people on the school who AREN'T drummers can play better than I can!) or whatever, I just let it bug me. Like today during prayer, I was thinking about how jealous I am of people who get..."visions," for lack of a better word. Like really clear pictures, & meanings for them. I am SO nondescript, coming up with images & things of that nature is definitely not my forte. Bethany was the last to be prayed over, & I really feel like she & I have a deep connection, somehow. Anyway, I was praying for her, & almost as soon as I put my hand on her arm I got this picture in my mind...really blurry, at first, but then it started coming together. I got so excited I had to share it with her...in hindsight I probably should have waited a bit longer to get my thoughts together, but oh well. This is what I saw...first, I saw this weird green vine twisting around something as it grew. Then I realized that the vine was inside of her, & it was wrapping around her heart. At first it looked like protection, but then I saw that it started to squeeze tighter & tighter, restricting her, & I felt really angry. But then, out of nowhere, this flower started to bud & then blossom, & as the flower grew the vine loosened & eventually fell away until all that was left was the flower. I won't go into what I think it meant for her, because it WAS kind of personal, but it was really cool how it came to me. Afterwards she came up to me & thanked me for what I said, which probably actually meant more to me than it did her. It's good to know that I have the ability to do certain things...the only thing preventing me from doing them is my worry that other people can do them better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...
ReplyDelete....
have you read miki's blog?
cuz...
wow you two. lol.
don't worry cara, i compare myself to people too, it sucks but you CAN get around it =) *hugs*
Nice title. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd I compare myself to others too....I just have the advantage of realizing I'm better than all of them. :P