After lunch was dedicated solely to student testimonies. We were way ahead of schedule, so I went ahead & shared mine today. Like I said in my previous post, I never know what God is going to move me to say. I had it all planned out & then ended up saying something totally different. I told about when I got saved of course, & my accident, & my baptism, but then I randomly felt like I should talk about the musical influence Skillet has had in my life...so I talked about how I was raised in a pretty uptight Southern Baptist church & how we only ever sang hymns, so I was shocked at my first Skillet concert back in 2001 when the music was loud...& I liked it. And the worship was different than I had ever known...& I liked it. I felt kind of stupid sharing all that, considering most of Korey's family was in the room, but I felt that it was what God was leading me to say, so I went with it. Afterwards Carol came up to me & said that she appreciated me sharing that, so I didn't feel as awkward about it after that.
The thing I noticed about everyone's testimonies today was how...AMAZING...& real they were. I don't know what I was expecting, but man our God is good! It was incredible to hear what God has delivered/protected/spared them all from. I don't think there was a single testimony where I didn't tear up at all. John went right before me & it was kind of hard to follow that. He was so real & honest it was so encouraging, in a way. I feel so close to everyone already, but after hearing where everyone has come from & where they hope to go...I just feel like I've known these people forever. Kal even commented on that after worship this morning, that he has never seen a class come together so quickly. And this is the ninth year of the school. God definitely has huge things in store for us. Kal also talked about Godly sorrow & dying to ourselves...I really think that's what's happening with each of us, it's like every day I feel a little part of me change, & I know that I'm no longer concerned with myself but with God's Will for my life day to day.
Tomorrow we will get to hear the other half of our class' testimonies. Which means I need to get some sleep. Waking up at 6am hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be, but I don't want to push my luck...especially after Kate & I stayed up talking till 1am last night. But God is faithful & I didn't even feel tired once. Until right now. Goodnight.
"Until right now" cracked me up =)
ReplyDeletelove ya Cara!!
hopefully someday soon we can have a nice long chat again! *sends some love* =) ♥
The 6am stuff is already working itself out and will be routine in no time at all.
ReplyDeleteAs for the rest, you know to text if you need prayer. <3
Love you Cara.