Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Glorious Gospel.

I definitely had a harder time getting out of my comfy bed this morning. Pray that that stops right now. I suspect it will only get harder the colder it gets out.

Today we had more testimonies from Gary & Karen (another of the elders & his wife), Gloria & Kimmy (teachers at the school), & Kate's grandparents, Don & Carol (who are also founders of Living Light along with Korey's parents).

After lunch we started the church's Vision & Commitment class with John (the "principal" of our school/apostolic leader of LLCC). Basically it's the class any new members would go through to learn exactly what they believe at Living Light. With the introduction he talked about how they believe what the Bible says with no exceptions. God's Word is always the final authority...whether or not we choose to believe it is our own issue. Basically, we need to have our foundations built on what the Bible says & what we have seen God do in our lives. John put it this way, God called us to be his witnesses, but what good are witnesses if they haven't seen anything? There are so many people that have the knowledge of the Bible, but we also need to share how we have seen God work in our own lives. And from THERE, what must we do in response to what we've seen/heard? Next he presented the Gospel simply because it was the next chapter of V&C. But WOW, I've never heard it presented so well I don't think. I don't know how anyone could hear it just as he presented it & NOT be convicted in some way. Half of our class was in tears by the end of it...pretty much everyone except me, Kate, & a few others. I started to feel kind of...left out? Kate & I were talking on the way home though, & agreed that neither of us has ever felt unsure of our salvation, so why act like God was moving something in us when we were already solid in our beliefs? It was good to hear that she felt the same way I did about it. It was very powerful though, & they decided to conclude class early (even though we still had Ian & Trefor's testimonies left).

Kal gave us the opportunity to spend some time alone before we left school, & for some reason I was drawn to 1 Peter 1:12. I'm not sure why. Or what that means. But I underlined it & made a note, so I'm hoping to come back to it later with some more clarity.

Tomorrow we start student testimonies...I have to share first on friday. I'm kind of nervous...not sure why. I was going to scratch out some notes but I think instead I'll just let God give me the words. I have a feeling I'll be sharing some things outside of my normal testimony, but I'm not sure quite what...so I figure it's best to just trust God to give me the words & not stress myself out over it.

1 comment:

  1. the best testimonies are the ones where you don't prepare and you just let God talk =)
    don't be nervous, you will do GREAT, you have an awesome story Cara :) *gives hugs* and also, yes it DOES get hard to get out of bed when it's frigid outside & your bed is so warm :P welcome to wisconsin ;) hehe i'll pray for you extra tonight ♥

    ReplyDelete