Church today was AMAZING. I kind of wish I could go to Racine every week. JL gave the teaching on the Armor of God, & I don't even think I can summarize it all here but I will try. Apparently it's been taught over several weeks & this week was the conclusion with the Sword of the Spirit. He talked about how the scripture says that it is "the word of God," but that he believes that that refers to the LIVING word of God...for example, when Jesus was tempted by the devil. He quoted from Deuteronomy for each response...but how did he readily have exactly the right scriptures (aside from the fact that he's Jesus)? He was knowledgeable in the scriptures & used it at the right moment as living word. For example, like when you read the same verse ten times, but only on the tenth read does it apply to your life. That's because God speaks to you through it! I love that. We are fighting a very real war, & we need to be knowledgeable in the scriptures in order to hear God's voice & use those scriptures in the right times.
After the meeting I went to lunch with Bethany & Heidi. I love them. We had Qdoba (I had never been, it was AWESOME) & Cold Stone, & several laughs. I'm so excited to see what God is going to do in our lives. Bethany & I had a great chat in the car on the way home...she gave me some really good insight to a few things I had never thought of. I think I'm going to be really challenged in the coming weeks...I'm scared...but bring it on.
I've successfully completed all Ear Training & Theory homework all by myself. I rock.
Good job on the homework hun! :)
ReplyDeletethe living word...i always LOVE hearing and learning about it =) its SO real!!
ReplyDeletei'm glad you had such a good day hun! hope you're feeling better!!! xoxo *hugs
i get so happy when i read your blogs and see what God is doing in your life :)
ReplyDelete