Today was...hard. I woke up just not really feeling like going to school, & questioning...well, everything. Before I left the house I prayed that God would speak to me during the worship time. Chris led worship today, & immediately people began praying & singing out about trusting God, & relying fully on Him, & not worrying. And then about 20 minutes in Chris stopped worship & said, "It seems like the Lord is speaking clearly on trust issues to us today...I want you guys to get in groups of 4, & I want you to talk to each other, & if any of you is having an issue trusting God in any area of your life right now, be vulnerable & speak up so we can pray for you." I knew it was me. I knew that God was answering my prayer & speaking TO ME. So I spoke up & Kate & Lydia & others prayed over me...& I felt so at peace. I don't know why I have such a hard time letting go of my life & trusting that God will provide...I guess I'm kind of a control freak & I want things done my way. But after worship ended I knew how to let go, & even though I'm struggling with it I'm taking those first steps.
Worship ended late & Kal bought us donuts & gave us a free hour instead of doing Exploring Worship. JL did the first part of the conclusion of V&C, about the role of men & women in the church. It was interesting to trace back all the way to Adam & Eve. We'll continue in that lesson tomorrow & then I think we'll be wrapping up V&C with a Q&A session with JL. Should be good.
We started a new song in worship teams today...bit of a challenging beat, but I think I'm picking up on it okay...it's fun to play when I can do it right.
I can't believe we've just started the 4th week of school...time is flying by. I can't believe how much I've learned already...I know I will never be the same.
:)
ReplyDeletelove your last statement :)
ReplyDeleteYou are an incredible encouragement.
ReplyDelete