We had a joint meeting of all three churches today & it was awesome. God definitely showed me some amazing things in the worship time & in the meeting time. This year has definitely started off packing the punches. During worship we focused on not worrying about meaningless things in life (something I'm an expert at), & allowing God to take control & fill you with His peace. WOW, I needed to hear that, & I'm sure I will need to hear it a few hundred times more before it sinks in, but we're on the right track. Haha. Then during the meeting we studied 1 John 2:28-3:10, about how when we are born again God instantly transforms us...so many people view it like we have to change everything when we are saved, when actually God starts to change us when we are saved...it's a seemingly subtle difference, but a big one at the same time. And it came up again that we need to trust God & surrender our lives to Him completely...gee, it seems like He's trying to tell me something. After service ended Kelly (the only other drummer on the school this year) came up to me & said, "I don't know what is going on in your life right now, or where you're at, but I wanted to tell you I was praying for you in the meeting today & that you are here for a purpose. You might not know what you have to offer, & you might be nervous, but God has placed you here because you have a purpose only you can fulfill. It wouldn't be the same without you, & the school would suffer without you. Just thought you should know that that was put on my heart today." I can't believe what God is telling me already. I can't wait to see what this year has in store.
A bunch of us on the school have been hanging out all day today...we went to lunch at Panera & had ice cream at Cold Stone, & then went to Best Buy to get cell phones for the Brits, & then to Target to get random odds & ends. Haha. I think tonight we are all going to hang out at me & Kate's & watch movies & enjoy our last couple of days of freedom by relaxing. :o)
Thanks to all that have been praying...as you can see God is already moving.
glad to hear things are going well & you're settling right in :)
ReplyDeletecan't wait to come visit!! ^_^
praying you have a great first day!! ♥