Friday, September 25, 2009

Genisis.

Today was a half day, starting with worship (Bethany & I had some great prayer/praise time together...WOW, I love that girl!), & then on to Exploring Worship with Kal. I love his classes. He is crazy. We've been continuing to look at where/when/why/how to praise, & he said something really good today: "Your personality doesn't dictate the way you worship; the Bible does." It's so true! So many people think, oh well I'm not going to sing because I'm a bad singer, I'm not going to clap because that's not my style, I'm going to sit down because I don't feel like standing up, & yet these same people go crazy & cheer & shout & applaud on Super Bowl Sunday? If they can get so excited over a football team, why can't they get that excited about God? The Bible TELLS us to shout to the Lord! The Bible TELLS us to dance & sing! The Bible TELLS us to raise our hands to Him! All of these things are pleasing forms of praise to Him, & they don't even require any effort! The Old Testament priests had to go out & slaughter a spotless lamb twice a day & we can't even get the effort to lift our hands or sing out in praise on sunday mornings during worship time? Come ON! I love Kal's passion on this subject. You should have seen him hopping about complete with hand gestures to emphasize his point. Haha.

After EW, we had Bible Review with Tim. I love his classes too. He's definitely done his research. Today we started in Genesis & talked about Creation. Has anyone ever noticed Genesis 1:2? "Now the Earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." MAN, that passage gives me chills! What a mental picture...& I'm sure that even the image in my mind doesn't do it justice. "the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters"...He was just EVERYWHERE. I mean, obviously He still is...but that picture of complete stillness, darkness...& God hovering there, over it all. Tim said that he believes this is how God creates still to this day; He hovers there, waiting, & then He speaks & it comes to be. For example, God has chosen us. Even before He hovered over the surface of the deep, He knew us. So we are born, & we go through our lives with the Holy Spirit hovering over us, waiting, but we cannot see it. And then, at just the right time, God SPEAKS, & we see Him, & we understand, & we commit our lives to Him. Wow. How lucky we are that He reveals Himself to us at that time, & then every day after that! All we have to do now is seek Him! It just blows my mind.

After class & a quick lunch with Kate & Becky & Lydia at Taco Bell, I had my lesson. I feel like it went pretty well this time, & John gave me some sheet music for some good warm ups. He taught me a basic swing beat...I hate playing jazz. Haha. It's probably the hardest style of drumming because it has no pattern, rhyme, or reason. It was played & then written. It's not supposed to make sense. I don't like that, I like to know what's going on. I'm not a fan of random...well, in that way. So I have alot to work on this week, but it will be good.

Okay, Kate's not home yet & the basement tv is unoccupied so I think it's time to catch up on Psych.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear today went better for you =)

    weekend= yay, have a lil time to relax :P

    ReplyDelete