Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Washing Feet...Take 2.

Today was really awesome. Worship this morning was great, & for Bible Review Gary had us split up into groups & read the passage where Jesus washes his disciples' feet, & then wash each others' feet. Now, this is the second time I've washed someone's feet, & the second time I've had my feet washed, & each time is a totally humbling experience & God never fails to speak incredibly profound things. It was me, Kate, & Hanna in a group, & we each washed each others' feet & then prayed & prophesied over one another. Kate & Hanna both prayed that my feet would be anointed to bring good news to those who have none, & that I will bring peace & authority in the dark places that I walk. I was SO encouraged by it, & there's one verse that I kept thinking of from Isaiah (Paul quotes it later in Romans as well): "How beautiful the feet are of those who bring good news." I totally want to get that tattooed on one foot, & the words "Peace" & "Authority" on the other foot. That way the blessing will always be there as a visible reminder of what God has called me to do. I want to do it soon...but I'm really scared it's going to hurt alot, so maybe I should pray for strength first. Haha.

Homegroup was good tonight, we discussed Scott's teaching in Racine on sunday. Scott is seriously the most gifted teacher I've ever had the privilege of hearing. He's also one of the most anointed teachers I've heard, because he holds his gift completely in surrender to God. He had intended to do a teaching he did in Pleasant Prairie several months ago, but since half of Pleasant Prairie was at Racine that day, he spent time during worship listening to & weighing the prophetic words that came, & asking God what he should speak about. He wrote an entirely new sermon in 40 minutes, & it was dead on with what God was speaking that day. It was absolutely incredible...& I got to thinking, no normal human being, good teacher or not, could pull something that great out of nowhere. He truly relies on God to use him in his gifting, & sets an incredible example of what it means to be submitted in EVERY area. I'd encourage all of you to listen to it if you get the chance.

Bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment