Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mom's Visit!

Ahh, I had a great weekend. It was so nice having my Mom in town. :o) She got here saturday morning & we had lunch & went to see Dear John. It was actually pretty good, I was pleasantly surprised. Then we went to dinner with Kate at Chili's. Good ol' Chili's. Haha. Sunday we went to church in Racine. Howard spoke, which was kind of cool because I've never heard him teach before. We went shopping sunday afternoon & had dinner with Kate again at Culver's. Mom came to class with me yesterday morning & today, & I think she really enjoyed it...JL's class yesterday in particular. Amazing.

I had rehearsal after school yesterday for The Gathering. We're going to do about 10 songs, & John said that last time he went there were about 200 people, & they expect to have more this time. Oy. A little nerve-wracking, to say the least, but I'm pretty excited. I know it will be great.

Today in Teresa's class we had to listen to a worship song & figure out the chord progressions by ear...& then go play it. Wow. Kind of hard. But I surprised myself & actually did well on figuring out the chords, & I play drums, so coming up with a beat wasn't so hard lol. I had it much easier than the guitarists & keyboardist. Haha. But it was really fun to do, & I realized that maybe I'm not such a mediocre musician after all.

I just got back from taking my Mom to the airport...& I wish she could have stayed longer. It was nice having her here. But I get to go home for spring break, so I'm looking forward to that.

NOW I am going to go catch up on Bible reading, maybe watch some Criminal Minds, & get some SLEEP!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for mom visits!!! Glad you were able to spend some time together :)

    ReplyDelete