Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Wrote A Song.

Thursdays are always intense. As if four hours with Teresa isn't intense enough, I had to present my song for everyone today.

In Tre's class we spent 4 hours reading & discussing chapter 4 of Humility. I feel like I'm constantly saying the same things over & over when I write about this class, but I'm going to write more anyway. One of the things that Teresa said that really struck me is that God will give you empathy & love for those that you approach in humility instead of judgement. Love cannot exist without humility! So, before you approach that one person that gets under your skin & pisses you off, if you ask God to humble you & refrain from judging that person, He will actually show you HIS love for them. And did you ever stop to think that that person that you can't stand could teach you something? I didn't. But EVERYONE can teach us something, & the moment we stop being teachable we will stop growing. ANY kind of negative judgement towards someone, any sort of criticism is the opposite of humility. Not only that, judgement gives the enemy a foothold in your life, because judgement is born out of pride. So, basically God calls us to consider EVERYONE better than ourselves! Admitting you are inferior (even though by the world's standards you might actually be superior) can only be done in God's grace through the Holy Spirit. I'm not sure about you, but there are plenty of people I'd say I'm "superior" to. But think about it: When did Christ ever tell anyone he was better than they were? And he is GOD! Maybe this is something basic that everyone else already knows, but this book is seriously blowing my mind.

Kate & I had lunch at Panera, & then it was back to school for the rest of the song presentations. Ahhh, I was so nervous to present mine (considering I've never written a song in my life, much less ever let anyone HEAR it), but Stef sang beautifully & overall I think people liked it. Now I just have to finish notating it by 5pm tomorrow. Ugh.

With that said, I'm going to actually go do homework now...but I SERIOUSLY want every single one of you reading this to listen to JL's teaching from sunday. Here's the link. Gary & Wendy share a bit of their testimonies at the beginning, but then John shares the Gospel. It probably isn't the way you've heard it before though...you'll see what I mean when you hear it. After this meeting there were about 25 people that came forward to respond, including 5 "psychic" ladies from all across the country. Amazing. Like I posted before, even if you've heard the Gospel a hundred times I WANT you to hear this. JL is an insanely gifted teacher, among other things...I suppose that's why he's the apostle over 5 churches around the world.

Seriously. Go listen. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment