Our team decided to lead worship this morning. It seemed like a good idea at the time...but when we got there at 7am & the doors were still locked & we were all tired, we started second-guessing our "good idea." Filip went to Teresa's to get the key to the building, & by the time we got in it was about 7:20. As if being locked out wasn't bad enough, NOTHING seemed to be working right with the sound system. It took us till about 7:45 to work all that out, & then we decided to play through Greatest One & see how it sounded. It was not good. To say the least. We spent the next 15 minutes praying, & then decided quickly on our second song (To You Alone) & started worship time. To say it was stressful is an understatement, but God totally used us & everything sounded great (in spite of the fact that my monitor never actually started working, so I couldn't hear anything but my cymbals the whole time). It's really cool when you KNOW that something like that isn't your own doing.
We started a new class with JL on friday going through the book God's Lavish Grace by Terry Virgo. Let me tell you, when I first looked at this book I was like, "This is going to be SO cheesy." The cover is like, purple with a picture of sunlight shining off a mountain, & it says "God's LAVISH Grace" in huge letters. Oy. I was skeptical. Haha. I read through the first two chapters last week, & while it was good didn't think it was anything outstanding. But chapters 3 & 4, combined with JL's class...wow. Mind-blowing. Seriously. It seems so elementary, but have you ever THOUGHT about the grace of God? I mean, we strive SO hard to be pleasing to God...but when He looks at us, He doesn't see US, He sees Christ. It doesn't matter how bad our mood is or how depressed we are, to think that God loves us any less during those times is to suggest that His love is not absolute. And on the other hand, to think that God loves us MORE after we do like a 40-day fast or something is out of line! Jesus Christ is always the same, yesterday, today, & forever...therefore His love for us NEVER changes, even when we screw everything up & sin & act like idiots! Amazing. Completely ridiculous.
After lunch we had Theory & Ear, which were fine...same old music stuff. Haha. I'm finding it much harder to be motivated to want to go to those classes when I'm getting such great revelation out of all of the others.
Kal talked to us more about what our Cadillac trip is going to look like. They split us off into two teams, one of the teams will lead worship on sunday while we're there & the other will be like a prayer group, sort of. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed I didn't get picked to play drums on the worship team. I would have loved to do that...but oh well. I'm sure that just means God wants to use me in other areas while we're there.
Okay, time to go do Bible reading & Theory homework.
grace was very hard for me to come to terms with so i hope you really learn a lot from the book and from JL :) ♥ ya!
ReplyDelete