Monday, January 11, 2010

And So Begins Midterms Week...

Got to sleep till 9:00 this morning! Amazing. Haha. Today we had our first midterm in Ear Training...wasn't so bad, actually! I feel like I did pretty well, which gives me confidence for the rest of the week. The melodic dictation part wasn't even so hard!

Tomorrow we have Keyboarding & Songwriting midterms, & I'm definitely the most worried about the Songwriting midterm. But then Sam pointed out that it is only 10% of our total grade, whereas our actual SONG is worth 35%. I'm feeling pretty good about my song, Stef helped me put music to a poem I wrote a couple of years ago, & she helped me write a chorus. She is AMAZINGLY talented, & she's really made it sound great, so I'm not too worried about that part. So now I'm not as scared of failing the actual midterm...hopefully I won't, but you get it. Keyboarding should be a cinch, scales & chords & inversions are old hat for me. A little nervous about having to play a song in different keys, but overall I think I'll do fine.

Yesterday all the girls met at me & Kate's house & started reading a book called "Hinds Feet On High Places." It's an allegory, & it reminds me alot of Pilgrim's Progress. I'm trying to decide if I've read it before...the story feels familiar, but I didn't recognize the title at all. Either way, it's a really great book & I know God is going to speak to me alot through it.

Okay, time to go study for Songwriting some more. Pray for me. I'm only halfway joking.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh hinds feet on high places =) that's on my list of books to read, i've heard some great things about it.

    *squeeze hugs*

    best of luck on the rest of your midterms!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara, that is one of my most favorite books. I think you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete