Monday, November 16, 2009

Predestination.

Wow, it was a crazy weekend...

Liz came on saturday, & sunday was church at Kenosha & the Skillet show. We got to Chicago pretty early & had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, & then to the House of Blues at 4. Kate & I worked Skillet's merch table with Tate, Liz & Tom worked Hawk Nelson's table, Stef worked The Letter Black's table, & John worked Decyfer Down's table. So it was pretty busy, but we saw lots of people from church there, & what I saw of the show was awesome. We got home late & getting up for school was hard, but it was worth it.

School today wasn't actually as hard as I thought it would be. Scott took JL's 2-hour Q&A session, & Sam asked about predestination. We ended up staying on that topic the whole 2 hours, but it was sooo good. Alot of people really had a hard time with it, but I was raised to believe it so really it was great to hear it laid out systematically. He gave some great illustrations. One of the big problems people have accepting it is that if God already chose, then we're just walking around like robots & don't have a say in anything. So he gave this example: Boy meets Girl. Boy falls in love with Girl, but Girl is indifferent towards him. Boy decides to be patient & pursue her anyway, & help her get to know him. Girl starts to realize how great he really is, & then develops feelings for him. Eventually she falls in love with him & they get married. So the moral of the story, Girl CHOSE Boy in the end, but only because Boy chose her first. If he hadn't pursued her, she never would have known what she was missing. But did he control her decision? No, he changed her will. Really it's all just a matter of the fine line between will & choice. I could go on for ages on this subject...but I won't. Suffice it to say it was good though.

We had our Ear Training test today...the first part was a breeze & I'm pretty confident, but the second part was melodic dictation, & I'm pretty scared to see how that went. Oh well, what's done is done.

Worship Teams were alright...our team is leading worship again on wednesday, so that should be fun.

I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of stuff I wanted to blog about, but I'm tired so this is done.

1 comment:

  1. omgosh thanks for posting the predestination analogy!!! i couldn't remember it as clearly as you wrote it =) ♥

    ReplyDelete