Friday, November 13, 2009

Fellowship.

Man, these last two days I have had some really great time with friends. Hung out with Serita for dinner last night & I am so excited to get to know her better. We seem to have alot in common. Today after school I went to Common Grounds with Rebecca & we had such amazing discussion just about who God is & what He has done. It was so awesome. She said something I really liked, & I will share it with you, "Prophetically gifted people use two words in every day conversation: 'Clearly' & 'Obviously.' As in, 'Well CLEARLY this is a problem because of...' or 'OBVIOUSLY you're struggling with this...' They think that everyone should see it because it's their gifting." Haha, I definitely say those things all the time. We had a good laugh about that, but it's so true. I'm only really realizing my potential in the prophetic in thinking about how often God really IS speaking to me. He always has, but I just assumed everyone else could see how I see. Kind of cool, actually...where I would get frustrated with people for not understanding what I saw, now I just realize that really it's the voice of God. So awesome. Such great conversation.

School was really great today, the Worship time was AMAZING! We spent probably 30 of the 45 minutes just praising God & shouting out to Him. I had a word from Psalms as well, & I just love how God has been speaking to me during Worship lately.

Karen taught Stewardship In Life & today's lesson was on personal relationships. Definitely alot to chew on! It was really cool to see that any relationship we have in this life is based under God's authority in us. His authority is born out of His love, & without His love, how can you ever say that you love someone else? God IS love, so if you don't know God, you don't know what love truly is. You will only scratch the surface & you will never unlock the full potential until you are living your life under God's authority & love. Wow. I've seen this evidenced in my own life lately just with the passion for others around me that I've experienced. I can't understand why I care so deeply for some people, but I'm realizing it has nothing to do with me, it's God's love & authority in my life! Now I'm getting redundant so I'll cut it off there, but it's definitely amazing how much deeper relationships with others are when you understand that.

Bible Review with Tim was good...we finished up Deuteronomy & moved into the beginning of Joshua. You know what's interesting? Moses' death. Did the guy actually DIE? Because he went up on the mountain & saw the Promised Land, but the Bible makes it a point to say that even though he was 120 years old he was still strong & in good health. It also said that to this day no one knows where his grave is, & that no one has ever had the kind of face-to-face relationship with God that he had. I don't think he actually "died," per se...I personally think God may have just taken him straight up into Heaven. No one really knows, but I think it would be cool.

Between classes today Kal came up to me & was like, "Let me see your cell phone." I was confused, but gave it to him & he went through all my contacts & picked out a number, entered it in his phone & was like, "Okay thanks," & left the room to make a call. No explanation whatsoever! Haha he is such a FREAK! When I asked him about it he wouldn't tell me, just said that it didn't concern me. I think if he's calling people I know it concerns me! I was wondering about it all day & then while I was at Common Grounds I got a text from my Mom that said, "I had a nice conversation with Kal today!" Hahaha, of COURSE. So I called her to ask her about it, & she just said that he just called to tell her that I was doing really well here & that he's noticed a huge change in me over the last couple of weeks in learning to trust God & let go of everything. That was so encouraging! Sometimes I feel like I haven't changed at all, & other times I feel like I've changed SO much that I don't even feel like the same person. It's crazy, but it's totally great.

Tonight is an outreach concert at Treasures, & Serita's performing. Considering I don't know anyone here who isn't already born again, I wasn't going to go...but now seeing as how Serita is my discipler I figure I should go & be supportive. I haven't gotten a chance to hear her sing except for on the KBP CD, so it will be a good time.

In the meantime, I'm ending this novel & going to do my Bible reading because I know I'll get behind this weekend if I don't!

I leave you with a song that I am LOVING lately:

1 comment:

  1. okay WOW this blog has quite a few questions from me :P buuuuuuuuut since i'm kind of sort of SEEING YOU TOMORROW!!! i'm sure we can talk about some of it then :P

    basically, i stole a quote that you wrote up there because i absolutely LOVE how you worded that, it's amazing, the one about God being love :)

    and also....that being prophetically gifted thing with the words clearly & obviously...that really made me think, cuz to be honest i don't know what my gift(s) are but i DO use those words a lot =/ lol. so that's something for ME to chew on i guess lol

    thirdly, i LOVE the book of joshua!! especially after moses's death where God speaks to Joshua...we had an amazing few sermons on that at my church several weeks ago & God spoke to me in a HUGE way on it so i hope you really enjoy Joshua =)

    anddddddd lastly, yay you found out who Kal called! bahaha! i STILL think it would have been HILARIOUS if he called kevin ;-)

    ♥ you & see you in like 14 hours :D

    ReplyDelete