Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Leading.

So our team led worship for the first time this morning...I was SO nervous! We had an hour to practice before though which really helped. We played Sing To The King & To You Alone, & it really sounded great. Even my improv was pretty good. But it wasn't me, it was definitely God working. The whole time was just really anointed & I loved playing. I thought it was going to be hard to focus on worshipping while I was playing but it came so easily. Definitely worth getting up early even though I'm exhausted now.

School was pretty average after that...we had Bible Review with Trefor because Gary was at an elders meeting. He did a great job, we went through a few chapters of 1 Corinthians. Good stuff, lots of talk about worship & spiritual gifts in there. Keyboarding was in the afternoon & it went pretty well also. I'm surprised every week at how much I actually remember...I'm almost bored in there.

Homegroup was great...we discussed the teaching from sunday's joint meeting about Stephen. It made me really realize what it means to be more aware of the spiritual realm than the natural realm. When we are constantly pursuing God, it gives Him opportunities to reveal Himself to us in new ways...like the girl that saw Jesus in worship time. I find it hard sometimes to have consistent one-on-one time with God...I mean, I go to school & spend time with Him like 5 hours a day, by the time I get home I'm usually thinking about daily life things like homework, laundry, dinner, cleaning, whatever. But I really want to establish that one-on-one time, because that is so different than the time I get at school. So it was a very eye-opening discussion time. Also, Stef brought my favorite ice cream which just made life that much better. Haha.

I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment