Friday, November 6, 2009

Djembe.

Yes, that's a word.

Today Shanon & Larry taught on finances again in Stewardship In Life. It was good...but money stresses me out. I'm doing okay, & really I've always done okay for myself...but today I realized I have to start preparing for the next couple of years & I don't want to. Haha. Bible Review with Tim was good, as always...we're in Deuteronomy now.

Back to the djembe. Kelly & I had our drum lesson together today, & it was awesome! He taught us about hand drums, like the congas & the djembe & other percussion instruments. We spent an hour just drumming & kind of grooving together, it was so fun! My hands are all blistered now & my wrists & forearms are sore, but I don't even care. I kind of want to go buy one now. It would be great for when we lead worship acoustically. But I don't suppose that fits with the first paragraph about saving money, does it? Haha.

TGIF. This week went by pretty quickly though..oh! I forgot to post yesterday about my Theory test! I'm not sure of my score yet, but I feel like I did well & when Kal glanced over it before I left class he said it looked good...so here's hoping! I felt pretty confident about it, & thanks for your prayers!

I'm hungry. Going to find food...for once. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. hope you did well with theory!! i know it's not so easy to understand at first but don't worry, i know you'll get the hang of it, and i'm sure you did just fine on this test =) 8 days!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete