Bible Review with Gary was awesome today as well. We've been reading Acts still, & he asked us what each of us really got out of it. For me, it's incredible how many times it says that all the believers were of one heart & mind, & that they shared everything. It's such an amazing picture of how Christ intended His church to be. I couldn't stop thinking of the new song from Flyleaf, "Beautiful Bride." THAT'S how it's supposed to look! After we each shared our revelations we spent more time in prayer, asking God to make us bold in the Gospel the way Paul & Peter were. So many times we think we need to baby people when we're sharing the Gospel with them, like we don't want to hurt their feelings or make them mad. Did Paul & Peter care what people thought? HOW many times were they thrown in jail? Haha. During prayer time God just kept telling me, "KTF, KTF, KTF," over & over & over. I think I'm supposed to use Mr. Geissler's example in some way...I'll have to spend a bit more time praying for clarity about how...but it should be interesting.
Keyboarding was...okay. On one hand I'm completely bored in that class because I've learned this stuff already, but I'm SO out of practice that it's still a bit of a challenge. A good balance I suppose. My team actually LED worship this afternoon...that was a bit scary. I think I did okay though...it's just hard to focus on the music as well as being in a completely abandoned state of worship. But I'm sure it will come over time. I feel like I did pretty well for my first time on stage with a band, actually in front of people. It felt good anyway. The improv was kind of hard, but the more confident I got the better I sounded, I think. It was great.
Homegroup tonight...we're listening to JL's teaching on the Shield of Faith. After hearing the teaching on the Sword of the Spirit I'm pretty excited for this one. Should be good.
IMPROV! THAT'S WHAT IT'S CALLED!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletehaha sorry :P remember when we had that conversation & i couldn't remember that musical thing where you make up your own part as you go? haha improv :P
this sounds really cool, all of you praying together...the word brought into my head after reading that is power. there is power with you all praying =) *hugs* i'm just kinda curious about what KTF is, but you don't have to tell me if you don't want to :) ♥ love you!
Your blog has become like a devotional to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ♥♥♥
ReplyDelete