Thursday, October 8, 2009

Jealous.

Man I am missing days left & right! I suck at this. Haha.

Today was RIDICULOUS. In a good way though. We started our Prophetic Worship class with Teresa & I can already tell that she's really going to push us to draw closer to God & hear His voice & use the gifts He's given us. It's going to be amazing. Today she was talking about thankfulness, & how she's seen even clinically depressed people healed simply by thanking God for everything that's good in their lives daily. It's so easy to say, "Oh thank you God for everything you do," without being specific, but if we say, "Thank you God for the fact that I'm alive today! Thank you that I have a roof over my head & food to eat & people that love me..." & on & on, we truly REALIZE the amazing things He's done for us when we speak them out! Well, after I prayed out today Kate came over & prayed for me, & something she said stood out in my mind...she said God is jealous for my heart. And I've heard that from more than one person since I've been here, but didn't REALLY know what it meant. I'm letting go of things, what else am I supposed to do?

So today I really felt God compelling me to do my Bible reading, at a certain time. I open up to Exodus...& see this, chapter 34, verse 14: "Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." And God SPOKE to me in that instant & said that I've asked for answers, but He isn't going to give me all the answers yet. First I have to devote myself to Him & let go of EVERYTHING & be completely immersed in Him before He will allow me to give my heart to anyone else. Wow. That is totally what I needed. He's been revealing some amazing things to me today...it's been some good time with the Lord, let's leave it at that. Otherwise I'll be here writing all night.

After lunch we had Theory & Ear Training. Need I say more? Worship teams were good...we split teams today & it was nice to have a smaller, more intimate setting. I tried some new things today too, & messed up alot, but I can feel improvement. Love it.

And now I need to go do some more Bible reading & praying.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...so...our God is amazing. The end.

    BE HAPPY about ET and MT. They're actually really really fun if you throw yourself into the work.

    To be honest, I'm amazed with all the revelations you've been having. Before you started school I already saw you as an incredible person. I'm so happy for you that God is showing you so many amazing things :)

    Prayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So today I really felt God compelling me to do my Bible reading, at a certain time"

    ...okay ;-)

    haha that's all i'm gonna say :P

    love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete