Friday, October 23, 2009

Financial Advice.

Worship has been really great lately. I don't know if it's my attitude that is changing or if God's just been speaking to me more, but every morning after worship time I just feel so refreshed. I'm already thinking of ways I can keep that in my daily routine even after I'm out of school.

Larry came in to speak for Stewardship In Life today about finances. Considering it's something people never really talk about, it was really interesting. It also made me realize how lucky I am that my parents have raised me to appreciate money I've earned & drilled it into my brain that I should do everything possible to avoid getting into debt. Really it seems that that's where everything goes wrong. It was interesting to hear about real estate & mortgages & stuff as well, considering I've never really understood that stuff, & considering that I hope I'm not living in an apartment in 10 years. Larry is a really great teacher too...I didn't think I'd really be too interested in hearing about finances, but he actually broke it down really well & I enjoyed it.

Bible Review with Tim was good. I'm finding it hard to be too interested in Leviticus & Numbers, but it IS interesting to see how the Old Testament & the New Testament tie together in so many places. It makes me think again how grateful I am that we don't have to do animal sacrifices. I'm pretty sure I'd rather give myself...as much as it hurts sometimes. Wouldn't really be too excited about killing lambs like twice a day. Just sayin.

It's been a pretty uneventful day. No drum lesson, so I went to lunch at Culver's with Kate & Becky. Where I learned that Kate can summarize my time here in 5 minutes. Haha. I love her.

Going to Filip & Hanna's tonight for a bit. Should be good.

Still cold & rainy out. Getting tired of seeing gray.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad we don't have to sacrifice doves every time we are on our periods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I have no idea why I keep getting your posts late... but it's starting to annoy me =/ and also, I didn't really get into the OT stuff either (we've been doing a sermon series on it for months now) and we're just into Joshua...and alls I gotta say is hang in there cuz it DOES get interesting and you can really see the relevancy of it all. =) ♥ love you! hope to chat soon!!

    ReplyDelete