Thursday, October 22, 2009

Short Update...

I'm exhausted so I hope all this makes sense.

Yesterday was...pretty uneventful. Wednesdays usually are, & it was especially so since there was no homegroup.

Prophetic Worship was today...first class yet I've made it through with no tears! Haha, yay for me! It was nice to be the encourager today, instead of the one in a heap on the floor. Teresa had us memorize Psalm 23 & then just worship with it. It's really cool when you know a passage well enough that you can just speak it or sing it out in a worship time. So amazing. I've been thinking alot lately about Trefor's prophecy for me about having a secret place to retreat to anytime. I'm praying that God reveals that place to me soon.

Ear Training is going better than I expected...Theory is still hard, but somehow we managed to distract Kal enough at the beginning of class that most of the hour was taken up by him talking about the time he shot a pigeon with a bow & arrow, & other adventures in killing small animals.

After school I had dinner with Kimmy at Panera. This is the first time we've really gotten to hang out outside of school, & it was so great. She has such joy & such passion, it's contagious. We had great conversation about how God's been working in both of us & in the school as a whole. So wonderful!

Tonight was a prayer meeting for the Pleasant Prairie congregation. I was driving there, ended up getting totally lost, but ended up actually getting to have a long conversation with my old roommate about what God has been speaking to me here...she believes in God, I think, but she's not born again. She's really been on my heart lately, so I know her calling me tonight was not on accident. I was able to share a bit of the Gospel with her, & she seemed totally receptive. She said she wants to talk again in a few days, & I'm praying that I will get a word for her before that so I will have something more to share with her. She is one of my best friends, & I would love more than anything to see her get saved, & to play a part in that. She's such an incredible, strong woman...I can only imagine how much more amazing she would be walking with Him! Pray for her, & for me, that I will know what to say, & that I will receive a word for her. This was definitely the highlight of my day, & SUCH a huge breakthrough! I ended up missing the prayer meeting, but I spent about an hour & a half in the Word & in prayer for her at home, so I hope that counts.

Thank God tomorrow is friday! I am wiped. It's been a crazy week.

1 comment: