Today Trefor taught New Testament Church Structure about the importance of sharing the Gospel & reflecting on it daily. He showed us a video of a guy who's an atheist talking about being witnessed to, & he said, "I just have to think...if you believe, with all your heart, that there is a Heaven & Hell...& that people might actually be going to Hell...how much do you have to hate someone NOT to share your belief with them?" This is a guy who doesn't even believe there is a God, & he can appreciate someone sharing their beliefs with him. I never really thought about it, but we SHOULD be reflecting on the Gospel daily. It isn't just something we hear when we get saved & never think of again. It is the KEY to everything! He recommended the book "A Gospel Primer" by Milton Vincent...I may have to look into that.
Afternoon classes were Theory & Ear...they weren't actually so bad. Kal decided instead of having Worship Teams today we were going to just go to Dairy Queen & get ice cream instead. Kimmy & John got into an ice cream fight, which later led to her being doused with water by Sam...craziness ensued. Haha.
SO, to get to the title of this blog...LLCC does a Christmas service every year called Carols by Candlelight, which involves (can you guess?) A CHOIR! All SOW students are required to participate. I am not a singer. I do not like choir. I didn't even like doing it when I had to in middle school at Bethel, I only did it because Shannon did. And if there is one thing I dislike more than choir it is Christmas songs in October. So, needless to say, I am not really looking forward to this at all, & I need to get over it & change my attitude. But I can't do it, I'm going to have to ask God to do it. Because I really am not looking forward to it. But at least all the SOW students are in the same boat, & Heidi & Lisa & a few other people I know are doing it too, so at least the company will be good.
Oy...this is a late-night blog. (<--Who'd have thought I'd refer to 10:30 as "late night"?!) I'm caught up on homework now, so I think I'm ready for bed.
We watched that video at Refuge a while back. Very convicting. I vaguely remember you despising children's choir. Sorry you have to do that.
ReplyDeletei'm sure the choir thing will be just fine =) and after all, you get to do it with heidi! :P it's gonna be a lot of fun just you wait :)
ReplyDeleteHere's a secret....most choir members don't care for Christmas music in October either! Our choir (actually a large praise team) is on hiatus until we get a new leader but we're working on music for "Church Under The Bridge". That's where we minister thru music, preaching and feeding the homeless in downtown Houston. We're working on SATB music...I haven't done that in years. It's true, if you don't use it, you lose it. Now, where did I put my perfect pitch and sight reading ability? Oh yea, I left it with my choir robe a few churches ago!
ReplyDelete