Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pleasant Prairie.

Last night we had a bonfire at our house. It was fun...but late into the evening I just started feeling...strange. I felt really unsocial & just exhausted. I don't know what was wrong with me. In the middle of everything, all of those people...I just felt alone. We had prayer time over Josh right before everyone left, & everyone felt a heaviness, like the air had changed. I really wonder if it was the enemy trying to attack us. He can't be too happy that we've all come together here to praise God & come closer to Him. He wants to isolate us from each other & cause doubt in our minds. But not this time. We're going to stand together through all of this.

This morning I went to the church meeting (they call them meetings here instead of services, btw) at Pleasant Prairie. Let me back up...Gary (elder from LLCC Pleasant Prairie) & Ian (elder from LLCC Kenosha) have been fighting over which congregation I would be in. It went back & forth & back & forth, but it was looking like I'd end up in Kenosha. Then on friday Ian randomly announced at the end of class that I would be in Pleasant Prairie. I was slightly disappointed, just because I've been to the Kenosha church & loved it, & my friend Heidi (who isn't on the school) goes there. But I figured there must be a reason & decided to just ride it out. The PP congregation meets in a rec center, & the acoustics are bad in there, so I was incredibly distracted by all the kids there during worship. It was almost drowning out the music for me. I'm sure they weren't that loud, but between the echo-y room & my dislike of children to begin with, it just sounded like a bunch of noise. And I found myself thinking, "God why did you put me HERE? I'll never be able to worship like this!" But Gary did the teaching & I really enjoyed it, so I figured maybe it wouldn't be so bad, especially considering I'll be getting good, personal worship 5 other days out of the week at school.

After the meeting was over, one of the members invited everyone from SOW & some other people over for lunch. I met a bunch more new people whose names I probably won't remember until they tell me ten more times. John & Dan & I agreed that it's been a bit overwhelming trying to figure out who everyone is & remember them. Anyway, at one point Gary came & sat down near me & I said, "So you won the battle over where I would end up, hey?" He said, "Yeah, you know, funny thing is, we had decided you were going to Kenosha. And then that day in school when I prayed for you, afterwards I went to Ian & said, 'I'm sorry Ian, I know we decided she was going to Kenosha, but I have to have her at Pleasant Prairie.' I was actually to the point of trading other students to get you here, that's how strongly I felt about it. After I prayed over you I just felt that it was where God wanted you to be." Well, can't argue with God. I actually felt much better after hearing him say that. At least now I know there is a purpose for where I've ended up, it wasn't just a random switch, & this is where God placed me.

The rest of today has been uneventful...I think Kate & I are going to Common Grounds to do our daily Bible reading/application. Then early to bed for school tomorrow.

EDIT - Thanks to those that have been leaving comments! I love to know that you all are reading!

2 comments:

  1. LOL @ the edit Cara ;)


    I only have a short comment about this entry :P


    God doesn't do random.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...

    There's definitely something important planned :)

    You're going to be amazing there.

    Love you Ducky!

    ReplyDelete