Thursday, September 3, 2009

O'Hare.

Today the 3 Amigos (me, Kate, & Stef) went with Kal (director of our school) to pick up 3 of the Englanders from O'Hare in Chicago. What an adventure, let me tell ya.

We left round noon-thirty & arrived in Chicago 'bout 1:30. We waited about an hour for John (first student to arrive) to get through customs...it was funny because we all started off really excited but after about 30 minutes it got boring waiting. So Kal began going, "JOHN! JOOOOHN! Okay girls, start shouting, first guy that looks we take, whether it's him or not..." Bahaha. Finally we found him, & went to the OTHER international exit to wait for Lydia & Becky, who shared a flight. They didn't arrive until 4:00, they had a loooong line in customs. Then it took us FOREVER to get through Chicago at rush hour. It was a long day for us, & a longer day for them, but it was so great to meet them finally after all the facebook stalking we've all been doing. Haha.

After dropping the three Brits off at their respective homes Kate, Stef & I went to Panera for dinner. Good times were had by all. I know the three of us will be close.

Tomorrow is our student/staff picnic, I'm super excited. There are rumored to be about 55 people coming, it will be so great to meet everyone. I can't believe all this is finally happening...

I found out today from Kal that I am the only drummer, aside from another girl, Kelly, who knows a bit of drums...I don't think she is majoring in that though. So that's a bit nerve-wracking. And Kal said he was going to talk to Lori this week about doing my lessons, so that is exciting news!

I feel like I'm not being very informative but by the time I actually have time to write I am so tired that I feel like I'm not making any sense! I love my roommate & my host family, dunno if I've said that yet or not...they are seriously so perfect for me, I knew God would place me in the best place for me.

Definitely past my bedtime...I get my morning wake up 6am. Oy. Can't wait for the picnic, will post more tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. John's Dad here.
    Thanks for going to meet John.
    He really enjoyed the Welcome.

    ReplyDelete