Worship was AWESOME. Everyone was seriously just so full of joy & we spent the entire time just praising God & saying how awesome He is. You can't help but be in a good mood after that.
Kal taught Stewardship In Life today about servanthood. Kind of interesting, considering we just got back from Cadillac where that was all we did, serve. It never fails that when you serve others you will also somehow be blessed; you may be completely wiped out from constantly pouring out your energy for others, but it is a fulfilling tiredness that makes it so worth it. Kal made the point that servanthood isn't just about acts of service, it's your character, who you are. When you are asked to do something, do you do an excellent job every time? Or do you do the bare minimum & have a bad attitude about it? Serving isn't about just doing good things when it fits your agenda...the thing is, you don't actually have a choice. Christians are now servants of Christ, so to be a Christian & be a crappy employee is an oxymoron. Everything we do ultimately reflects Christ, & all authorities in our lives are God-given, whether they are Christians or not. Actually, the biggest tests of servanthood are in how you serve unbelievers, because they will probably be the most ungrateful. The call on our lives is to humble ourselves & serve. It's amazing how everything bad in our lives comes back to pride in the end. Both a serving attitude & humility can only come by practically outworking it every day, & dying to yourself every day. I love this quote out of "Humility" by Andrew Murray (if you haven't read it you totally should):
"Ask not for exaltation. That is God's work. See that you humble yourselves, & take no place before God or man but that of a servant. That is your work; let that be your one purpose & prayer. God is faithful. Just as water seeks & fills the lowest place, so the moment God finds the creature empty, His glory & power flow in to exalt & bless. He that humbles himself--that must be our one aim--shall be exalted; that is God's aim. By His mighty power & in His great love, He will do it."
I LOVE THAT. I love how it says to humble ourselves before God AND man. We should always be serving others, & looking for opportunities to humble ourselves. It's amazing to me how God works...I've been asking God to reveal pride to me, & He has been faithful to do so not only in myself but also in others. And it's revolting! It's like I can listen to someone speak & all I can see is pride. Or I have a thought about myself & recognize it immediately as pride. And it's just like, "UGH, get it OFF me!" And the great thing is, He does! Not right away, & it's certainly humiliating sometimes, but if you ask Him to reveal pride in your life He totally will. And it comes out in the most random, obscure ways. Sometimes it's actually kind of funny. Anyway, all that to say, God is amazing. Haha.
Drum lesson was good today...worked on some bossanova stuff & learned some brushing techniques from a Steve Smith DVD (he was the drummer for Journey). Good stuff, but it takes alot more coordination than I have yet. I'll get there.
Now I have a Skype date with Sarah, so even though I could probably ramble on for a billion years about pride & serving, I'm going to stop now.
No comments:
Post a Comment