Thursday, January 7, 2010

Humility.

Oy. Today should have been a snow day...all the public schools were out, but we still had school. Blech. Instead of Prophetic Worship today we started a new class with Tre called Personal Development. We started going through the book Humility by Andrew Murray, & Teresa shared some of her own testimony.

I have to be honest & say that I really didn't like what God was speaking to me in that class. Over the past year or so, I've gotten really prideful...especially since coming here. I always thought that pride was like...thinking you're better than everyone else or something. But really, insecurity is pride. Worry is pride. Comparing yourself to anyone (for better or worse) is pride. And God started showing me all these areas in my life that are totally prideful & that I'm totally missing the point in those areas. But humility in it's truest form is knowing who God is & who I am. I'm slowly learning what it means to die to myself every day. Nothing is about me. Nothing is about what I want. Nothing is even about what anyone else wants or expects...all that matters is that I am allowing myself to be an empty vessel that God can use to work through me. So going through this book should be interesting...I know I need to change some things...but now how do I do that?

We had reviews for Songwriting & Ear Training midterms today. I'm going to suck at the melodic dictation for Ear Training, & I'm pretty nervous about the Songwriting one...I'm not a musician, I don't know stuff about notation! I'm a little bit overwhelmed right now, so pray that I can relax enough to study & do well on all my tests next week.

Also pray that it keeps snowing so we won't have school tomorrow. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. you are TOO a musician. don't ever say you're not. ♥

    ReplyDelete