Sunday, November 8, 2009

Taken.

A bunch of SOW people came over on friday to watch movies. We ended up watching Taken. If you haven't seen it, DO IT. Basically this girl goes on vacation & ends up getting taken & sold into sex slavery. Her dad is ex-secret service or something to that effect, & goes across the world to find her & try to save her. All I could think of the entire movie was that it's completely sick what these girls are put through. They spend their lives chained up like animals so that they can be used for someone else's income. And I just felt so convicted...the entire movie my mind was just SCREAMING "STOP THIS!!!!" It needs to be put to an end. It's a common practice in Europe...& it's becoming more common here in the States. Craiglist.com has an entire classified section for "erotic services," & many of the ads are selling girls that aren't even 18 years old yet. This needs to end. I want to get involved, so I'm starting with this blog post to help raise awareness. I'm not sure how many people actually even read my blog, but please take it seriously.

Joelle turned me on to an organization called Love146 that's out to put an end to child trafficking, & I encourage you to look into it & donate, if you feel led. Even just buying a t-shirt...everything helps.

3 comments:

  1. it's awful isn't it? =(
    if you've never seen the lifetime movie "human trafficking" you should watch that too, while i havent seen "taken" i'm sure its along the same lines. thanks for posting & raising awareness ducky =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this Ducky. I haven't seen Taken yet but I know what goes on...Natalie Grant is all into the anti-trafficking stuff...plus the same things happens in Kony's so-called Lord's Resistance Army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friends here is a HUGE supporter of LOVE 146. She posts the link on her facebook every couple of weeks. I had no idea this existed here.

    ReplyDelete