After Tracey was done we all had a time of prayer together. Tracey ended up going around the circle & praying over each of us individually. She had a word for me as well, which I was smart enough to write down right away: " 'I am your strength right now. I am the strength at your back & your supporter,' says the Lord." I'm pretty sure that God giving me strength is the only way I'm not in super confusion over the state of my life right now. And her word definitely made me thank God for giving me that strength, because I know I could never do any of this without Him. Not long after, Serita (a former SOW student visiting for the day) came & prayed over me & read me Psalm 18. She also had a word for me, which actually made me laugh out loud when I heard it: "He rescued you because He delights in you. I feel like He's speaking to you to stop comparing yourself, & stop thinking that you are not worthy of what He is offering you. Let Him be your strength, stop worrying & asking why & assuming the worst. He has given you a firm foundation because He delights in you." That was SO what I needed to hear.
There was a girl visiting today that's thinking of doing the school next year, so I went to lunch at Daily Dose with her & Kate & Stef. After lunch was Ear Training & Theory. Ear wasn't so bad...but we have a test in Theory next thursday that I am definitely not looking forward to. We didn't have worship teams again today, which kind of stunk, but Kate, Bethany, Hanna & I spent some time in prayer for the KBP benefit concert tonight, & for anything else the Lord put on our hearts. It was good fellowship time, & it was a great way to outwork what we spent the entire morning talking about. Overall it was a good day.
I'm wiped. Kate is trying to get me to go to the KBP thing tonight...I don't know if I have the energy.
I couldn't agree more with Tracey! When you think about someone, that's not by accident. I believe God brought that person to you specifically to pray for them. Sometimes I pray for someone and don't think much more about it and other times I have to completely stop what I'm doing and get on my face and pray outloud. Prayer is powerful for the prayer and the prayee and is an act of obedience and submission.
ReplyDeleteHave I mentioned lately how much I like this blog better than your old one :)