Friday, October 9, 2009

In Love.

So, I'm pretty much in love with God. It's amazing. Ever since yesterday He has completely given me a heart for nothing but Him. I woke up this morning totally ready for school & for worship. I was getting ready for school & I was just totally in a good mood, so I started just thanking God out loud for all the things He's done for me just this week...by the end of it I was seriously, like, euphoric. That's the only word I can think to describe it. I got to school & I was just in SUCH a good mood, within 5 minutes everyone was like, "what is WRONG with you?!?!" Haha. I think they all think I've lost my mind. I guess I kind of have, in a way. ANYWAY, so worship was amazing. Chris led, & we sang All To You by The Spark. Look them up on iTunes & buy their album, not even kidding. Anyway, it was just such an awesome, anointed time of praise. Have you ever just shouted out praise to God? If you haven't, DO IT. Just shout to the Lord. Literally. It is so freeing to celebrate Him!

We had Stewardship In Life with Kal after that, & of course any class with Kal is a good time. Every time I write about his classes I think the word "freak" shows up somewhere... After SIL we had Bible Review with Tim. We were in Exodus talking about the plagues, which I love. Am I sick? Haha, seriously though, I wrote a paper on the plagues in my World Religion class in college...it was a great paper, but I didn't score that well on it because it was "too Christian"...oh wow, tangent. SO, it was awesome going through all those, but in the meantime God showed me two MORE verses about His jealousy...Deuteronomy chapter 4 & Exodus 20...it just completely reaffirms what He's been telling me about giving everything up to Him. I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT GOD. I have no idea how else to describe it! I just want to completely give my life to Him & not focus on anything else, but I want it to be permanent. I've realized that I don't need anyone else to determine my worth. The Creator of the whole universe is jealous for MY heart! Wow. Mind=blown. Haha.

Drum lesson was good, jazz still sucks.

TGIF. I have to go spend some time with Jesus now.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I haven't been blogging or reading so I just took about an hour to get caught up on everyone. Cara, reading your posts from the past month are like reading from someone else's blog! I mean...totally a different attitude and tone. As my Granddad used to say "God is all over you". WOW! Yay God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I love everything about this post except the jazz comment :P

    You're right. God is AMAZING. It's taken me awhile to notice just how much He does just by letting us be ALIVE, but He's been showing that a lot lately. And by the way, MAY have to try that shouting thing sometime... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with the first person who posted here. ever since i've met you cara, i've seen what kind of an amazing person you are, kind of one of those "hey you i love your soul" moments (ok ok smack me if you want for throwing a skillet reference in there :P ) but it's true. i've always loved who you are, and to see you grow SO much and everytime we talk it's like i'm seeing you be changed more and more into the image of Christ and it's SO beautiful to watch happen.

    i absolutely LOVE what you said:

    "I've realized that I don't need anyone else to determine my worth."

    **ANYONE** else.


    it's amazing isn't it? thanks for blogging all this, it makes me look forward to things so SO much ♥ you REALLY encourage me and i love you ducky :)

    ReplyDelete