Exploring Worship was good today. We've been focusing on our responsibilities as worshipers the last couple of classes, & it's pretty humbling to realize that if we're not having a "good worship time" that it isn't God's fault...it's ours! The problem is never with Him, it is always with us. WE are the ones that need to get our priorities straight, because He is perfect & we are so not. If we don't like something about the way worship is done in church, perhaps we need an attitude adjustment. We should be examining ourselves & offering our praise to HIM, instead of expecting to get fulfillment for ourselves. It has nothing to do with us. Also, side note--before class started Kal said that the word I brought yesterday was really good, & that was encouraging.
Music Theory & Ear Training were okay. I hate intervals.
Worship teams were different today...I didn't get to play, but the other team actually led us in worship for the first time & it was awesome. Probably one of the best worship times I've had since I've been here...or ever, for that matter. Kal put out a microphone to encourage those of us who weren't in the band today to sing or pray out. Lydia brought a beautiful song about how no matter where we are or what we are doing, God has us by the hand. Right after she sang I opened my eyes & saw Kate approaching the mic & my mind was screaming, "PLEASE GOD, PLEASE MAKE HER SING!" Kate's biggest struggle this year has been singing out. She's been really intimidated by the others that have brought songs during worship, & so as soon as she opened her mouth to sing, I could not hold back, I totally just shouted out praise & thanks to God & I was jumping up & down celebrating...I was so proud of her I actually cried! She sounded great & her song was totally relevant & amazing. I loved it! After school we went to Taco Bell to celebrate because she had been fasting today...she didn't know why, until after she sang out, so she was allowed to eat again after she accomplished what she needed to. :o)
I think that about wraps up today...people are coming over tonight to watch Psych. Anyone want to buy me season 2? Haha. Just kidding. No, really. I would let you, if you wanted to.
Your blog entries have been leaving me in total wonder...amazing...
ReplyDelete